Hundreds of thousands of people live in the surrounds of the Payatas landfill. They are impacted by extreme poverty and do not have an opportunity to improve their lives or the futures of their children. Without help, intergenerational poverty will continue to perpetuate itself in an on-going cycle.
This project will bring together individuals, groups, communities and organizations in order to foster collaboration and partnerships, and also a growth in knowledge, expertise, commitment and action, that contribute towards the twin goal of personal and social transformation among the poor.
- Scholarships to upper secondary students
- Scholarships to tertiary students
- Community Study Centre with library
- After-school tutoring
- Catch-up Education
- Keeping Girls in School initiative
- Vocational training
- Life Skills training
- Community health
- ‘Tambayani’ – safe, conducive hangout for youth